How to send gifts to Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen...
Easiest Way - How to Send Care Packages to Veterans Overseas!
Sending gifts through the Operation Gratitude's Amazon Wish List is by far the easiest way to send gifts to veterans because they fill out the customs forms and do all the work for you!
Operation Gratitude is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and has shipped more than 1,600,000 care packages since 2003.
This new way keeps you from having to...
- Acquire a proper service member's address
- Make sure you correctly fill out the address
- Fill out customs forms to mail with a package (Amazon doesn't allow you this option)
- Properly pack up the gift items
- Get 'em to the post office
- Pay for postage
Now, we have a super easy platform to use - Operation Gratitude's Wish List!
Check it out!
Instructions on How to Send Care Packages to Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen:
- Go to Operation Gratitude's Wish List in Amazon <The link opens in a new tab so you can refer back to these instructions.
- Sign into Amazon
- Click button that reads "Add to Shopping Cart" next to the items you want to send.
- Click "Proceed to Checkout"
- Operations Gratitude's Gift Registry address automatically shows up in shipping options... (pretty freakin' awesome right?)
- Make sure "Operations Gratitude's Gift Registry" shipping address is selected
- Click "Place your order"
- Please donate a little cash to Operation Gratitude to help them send your gift to the troops by going to.... Operation Gratitude's Donation page
No customs forms, No packing, No driving... click, click, click... and...
Please come back every month. I will continually update this post so you can have the best information available, in case something drastically changes.
Need a Donation receipt?
I contacted Operation Gratitude and got a response right away from the CEO and Founder, Carolyn Blashek!
Then I also got a great response back from the Vice President of Operations, Angel Cuevas!!
My question was...
"When using your Wish List, will the buyer's information be forwarded to you with the list that they bought... and will they get a donor's receipt from you?"
Both were so super nice in their emails!
as it turns out..
No need to do anything!
This process is automatic!
"it normally takes us 1-2 weeks to deliver a Thank You Letter (donation receipt) from the time that we receive the donation. So no need to email or call anyone. The process is simple, automatic, and pretty transparent"
Why would you need a donation receipt anyway?
If you donated a substantial amount of goods, then you may be able to take that dollar amount off of your taxes at the end of the year.
So the Instructions to get a donation receipt are:
- Do absolutely nothing.
You should receive a donation receipt in the mail in a few weeks.
Thinking of you,